In addition to the athletic eligibility rules established by the NCHSAA, additional athletic eligibility rules have been established by the Pinnacle Classical Academy Board of Directors.
- Students in grades 9-12 must have a weighted cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher during the semester immediately prior to the athletic participation. First semester, rising freshmen must meet the course requirement for students in grades 6-8. Second semester, first year freshmen must earn a weighted GPA of 2.5 or higher during the fall semester to be eligible for participation during the second semester of the freshman year.
- In grades 6-8, students must pass a minimum of six of the seven classes each semester, including all of the core academic courses (ELA, Math, Science, and History). Rising 6th graders do not have a requirement for participation during the fall. Second semester, first year 6th graders must then pass six of seven courses, including all of the core academic areas to be eligible to for participation during the second semester of the 6th grade year.
- Students must not be failing any core courses or grades drop significantly during the athletic season.
- Annually, prior to participation, the student and parent must complete an Athletic Participation Form.
- Student athletes must receive a medical examination once every 365 days by a fully licensed physician, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant.
- A student may not participate in any sport if his or her 19th birthday comes on or before October 16th of the current school year.
- Beginning with the student’s first entry into the 9th grade, the student may not participate in athletics for a period lasting longer than eight (8) consecutive semesters.
- In order to be eligible for athletic participation, students must have been in daily attendance 85% of the previous semester. In regards to athletic eligibility, daily absences cannot be made up under any circumstances, even if the student attends Saturday classes, Afterthoughts, extra help sessions, summer school, and/or any other means to make up academic work.
- Pinnacle Classical Academy will ensure to the fullest extent possible equitable access to, participation in athletics for all students with special needs. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state or local law.